Friday, March 26, 2010

Grilled Mahi

Over the summer I got out with my good friend Geoff and fished for grouper. As we were cleaning up and getting ready to head in a small pod of Mahi Mahi swam by and we quickly threw out some hooks and the fight was on. 15 minutes of pure chaos later we had 4 small Mahi in the cooler and were on our way home to cook em.

Photobucket

I ended up making a marinade of lime, Molasses and Tabasco.
The marinade was:
1/4 C Lime Juice
2 T Tabasco
1 T Molasses

I upped the molasses to 2 T. Also added just a bit more lime since I felt the Tabasco was just a bit much.

This gave a good balance of flavor leaving the lime the strongest flavor, the tabasco strong but not over powering, and the molassas just detectable.

I felt like a tropical flavor so I made a nice Salsa from pineapple, papaya, red onion, jalapeno's, and a bit of lime.

Mahi was grilled along side chiles, leeks and limes.
Photobucket

I cooked up some coconut basmati rice to finish the meal. Just substitute 1/2 of the liquid with coconut milk.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment